FPGA programming files
||October 27, 2016
||Active Serial programming file for MISE rev 1.1 FPGA module
||October 27, 2016
||Active Serial programming file for MISE rev 1.0 FPGA module
Change Log (since original 17 November 2013 MISE 1.0 and 14 March 2014 MISE 1.1 releases):
MISE1.0_27oct2016.zip and MISE1.1_27oct2016.zip:
- Added circuit to reject noise on TRS-80 system reset signal.
MISE1.0_08jun2015.zip and MISE1.1_08jun2015.zip:
- Added 80 column VGA mode.
MISE1.0_11feb2015.zip and MISE1.1_11feb2015.zip:
- Support for modified boot sector to support older (electromechanical) IDE hard drives.
- Updated RTCC 3-wire interface to work better with some types of DS1302 chips.
- Double density floppy driver now supports Percom and Aerocomp adapters as well as Tandy.
- Improved immunity to electrical noise from TRS-80.
- Unreliable keyboard reset button behavior fixed.
- Slight update to expansion interface detector circuit.
- Modified boot logic for better floppy initialization.
- Extended CPU activity detector protection to EEPROM.
- Added a CPU activity detector circuit so spurious I/O before keyboard power-on can't disturb flashy splash screen or RTCC chip.
- Added a fancy splash screen before keyboard powerup.
- Revisited month = 0 issue from 09dec2013 file. MISE now returns month = 1 to LDOS but doesn't write back to the RTCC chip.
- Fixed a newly-introduced bug that prevented reading MSB of IDE/CF data.
- Greatly improved reliability of IDE/CF and network transfers on some Model I configurations.
- Read of inconsistent month = 0 from uninitialized RTCC chip writes back month = 1 to work better with LDOS.
- Detects absence of Expansion Interface and drives 25ms heartbeat interrupt and status bit.
- Added "Expansion Interface detected" bit to port 0xBF.
- Updates to ROM extension to better support less than 48KB RAM.
Back to the main page