M3SE system and development files
The files in these archives, even the text files, should be copied to the TRS-80 in binary transfer mode.
Don't attempt to copy every file in the archive; just update the ones that are listed in the change log below.
Otherwise you might overwrite open system files, or cause files that require fixed locations on the disk or in the directory
to be moved. If any such file ever needs an update I'll provide instructions.
Most of the system files are password-protected, so you should log in using the LDOS system password "RS0LT0FF"
(zeroes, not the letter "O"). For example under Windows Explorer I would use the URL:
The username doesn't matter.
You should expect that files listed under archives with dates later than when you ordered your M3SE should
be updated. Copy them from the latest archive.
Change Log (since original December 8, 2015 release):
- ACCESS/JCL: Added PING/CMD, see below.
- PING/CMD: Added.
- ACCESS/JCL: Added FTP/CMD and JV1COPY/CMD, see below.
- FTP/CMD: Added FTP client, version 0.4.
- FTPD/CMD, FTP1D/CMD: Added -S and -I switches to override "System" and "Invis" settings in network config file.
Echoing of command-line options. Improved handling of data socket errors. Version numbers to 1.8.
- NETWORK/CFG: Added [FTP Client] section with default settings.
- JV1COPY/CMD: Added M1/M3 version. Version number to 1.4.
- M3SEINIT/CMD: Updated RTCC driver CRT blinking cursor to show character under cursor instead of blank.
Version number to 1.2. To install, copy the new file to a backup of the install floppy, boot from the
floppy, then DO SETUP (including Model 4P).
- TELNET/CMD: Various cursor-related fixes in CRT mode.
Fixed "erase to beginning of screen" escape sequence in CRT mode.
Added more ANSI escape sequences.
Fixed a bug where argument buffer could overflow on command-line input. Version number to 0.16.
- ARGS/ASM: Added ARGS_ALT subroutine to allow alternate ARGV buffer.
- ARGS/REL: New ARGS_ALT subroutine, see above. Both calls now zero out ARGV array at start.
- DNSHOST/REL, DNSLOOK/REL: DNS_CLOSE and DNS_HCLOSE subroutines don't affect CPU flags.
- NETWORK/REL: Improved randomization of source port numbers in IP_SPORT subroutine.
- DHCP/CMD: Fixed error message when timeout value too large. Version number to 1.9.1. First M1/M3 version.
- DNS/CMD, DNS2/CMD: Better handling of malformed response packets. Version numbers to 1.6 and 1.3. First M1/M3 versions.
- IDEBACK/CMD: Can write a nonstandard format file to a CF image. Version number to 2.0.
- SETRTCC/CMD: Fixed erroneous day-of-week calculation. Version number to 1.2. First M1/M3 version.
- TELNET/CMD: Eliminated stray cursors in CRT mode. Implemented a few more ANSI escape sequences.
Version number to 0.14.
- DNS/ASM, DNS2/ASM: Updated version numbers per above.
- DNSHOST/REL, DNSLOOK/REL: First M1/M3 versions.
- IDEBOOT/CMD: Doesn't require a boot floppy or 4P boot ROM to change images.
Use (SYSTEM) parameter to perform full system boot. Version number to 2.0.
Back to the main page